Tim Cook saw my tweet, and had Apple call me directly.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Prof., Jul 2, 2015.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

After installing 8.4, my entire iTunes library was deleted from my iPhone, so I sent out a tweet to Tim Cook and Eddy Cue in, admittedly, anger. I never thought anything would come of it, until I got a phone call from one of Apple's senior advisers this evening while I was at work. The advisor, Mr. Ruiz, told me that Tim Cook saw my tweet and personally told him to reach out to me to offer help. I told Mr. Ruiz that after messing with my iPhone, I was able to get back the majority of my iTunes library, sans 300-ish songs, which were imported from CDs over the years. He apologized for the troubles the update caused and gave me his contact info to provide him with a follow up, and asked if there was anything Apple could do to fix the problem.

I think it's amazing that a simple tweet was seen by Tim Cook, and he personally had an Apple employee give me a call to make sure everything was/is okay. How they got my number from just a simple tweet, I'm not 100% sure, lol. If that's not the best customer service ever, then I don't know what is.

fin.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Someone needs to tweet him about iCloud Music Library completely messing up album art/metadata of locally stored music.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Feel free to do so, apparently he checks his twitter quite often.

4. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

My God, this.

5. Ev0d3vil macrumors 6502

Wow that's good to hear. Now I know what my next phone will be.

6. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

I want to start a Twitter account just for that lol

7. macgabe macrumors regular

A few months ago I tweeted him a feature request not to autocorrect foreign language words in iMessage as many bilingual speakers (there are probably tens if not hundreds of millions of us) mix 2 languages in the same message. Few months later he announced bilingual autocorrect as a new feature! Once I put on Apple forums that my installation had hung, few hours later some US tech support guy called me up about it and sorted it out. Also once I emailed Steve Jobs that it would be great to have an Apple store where I live - at that time none for hundreds of miles - with a quick run down of demographics and how much everyone loves macs here. Sure enough we got our first store couple of years later - which is always packed. I really think there is a team on the look out for good ideas all the time…