Tim Cook Threatened to Remove Uber From the App Store Over iPhone Tagging Tactics

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 24, 2017.

1. zzLZHzz macrumors 6502

If I am not wrong, Temasek invested in Grab during their early days. Not sure if they withdraw already or not.

I do agree with you that they will not let a foreign company take control of the transport infrastructure. but some of the bus package are operated by foreign companies.

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

No nation in their right mind would let outsiders control their infrastructure, but the U.S. does.

3. mabhatter macrumors 6502a

This behavior is normal in Android world.. you have to buy apps to monitor your phone for spyware and such. Rogue apps leave your toilet seat up, kick your dog, and knock up your daughters too.

4. Musocat macrumors member

Musocat

Fortunatuly, there is Lyft where I live. I never had to delete stupid Uber from my phone; I never installed that piece of ****.

5. IG88 macrumors regular

IG88

I had mostly bad experiences in Orlando with taxis when I was in the military. I’ll spare the details but there were many many many corrupt piece of **** drivers that preyed on military because they knew you’d been ordered that you had to pay them whatever they demanded, then dispute it later with the cab company. It got bad enough that my parents bought me a vehicle that I paid them back for.

Having something like Uber would have avoided that bs.