Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marsmissions

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2010
Washington, US
Haha. I have worked for Starbucks for years. How has our CEO made it on this list? I would not rate him so highly. I don't trust this list at all. I wonder where they get this information from! Smoke and mirrors...

Starbucks is one of the best companies to work for in the food industry. The benefits are good and the employees are generally happy—you guys also have a really relaxed dress code which can't be said for other companies on this list. I would rank your CEO pretty highly.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
I was under the impression that shareholders owned 100% of apple. Who are the owners of the missing 40% of Apple if they are not shareholders?

And if shareholders own only 60%, why does Google Finance say that 67% of apple stock is institutionally owned?

Very curious.

That 67% includes treasury stocks and stocks owned by employees/former employees. IE- Jobs' family and Cook.

bluebayou

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
SanFran
Man ..I feel like Apple's gonna slowly tank without Job's brilliance. The company was like the precious baby spawn of a narcissistically brilliant megalomaniac. Without Him at the helm, Apple is just a husk of abused meat suffering from PTSD. Perhaps Cook is fatherly and patient enough to regrow Job's abandoned love-child, but who knows?

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
Man ..I feel like Apple's gonna slowly tank without Job's brilliance. The company was like the precious baby spawn of a narcissistically brilliant megalomaniac. Without Him at the helm, Apple is just a husk of abused meat suffering from PTSD. Perhaps Cook is fatherly and patient enough to regrow Job's abandoned love-child, but who knows?

I think the market seems to think Apple is going to revolutionize the world every year or something. The iPad is just an outgrowth of the iPhone and the iPhone took Apple over half a decade to come out with after Steve Jobs took back over Apple so even when Mr. Creative himself was at the helm, these things didn't happen overnight. It just seemed that way AFTER the world took notice of Apple again. They act like Steve did it overnight or something. I think the market just over inflated Apple's stock and now they're disappointed that it's returning to a more reasonable number. OTOH, this is why I've always said Apple should not abandon their core Mac environment or delay it technologically just to work on the iPhone. You need a broad base of products to stay viable in the long run, not just depending on ONE thing (look at how RIM, now Blackberry turned upside so quickly by thinking it could just slide in that sector forever).

bluebayou

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
SanFran
I think the market seems to think Apple is going to revolutionize the world every year or something. The iPad is just an outgrowth of the iPhone and the iPhone took Apple over half a decade to come out with after Steve Jobs took back over Apple so even when Mr. Creative himself was at the helm, these things didn't happen overnight. It just seemed that way AFTER the world took notice of Apple again. They act like Steve did it overnight or something. I think the market just over inflated Apple's stock and now they're disappointed that it's returning to a more reasonable number. OTOH, this is why I've always said Apple should not abandon their core Mac environment or delay it technologically just to work on the iPhone. You need a broad base of products to stay viable in the long run, not just depending on ONE thing (look at how RIM, now Blackberry turned upside so quickly by thinking it could just slide in that sector forever).

It's not so much the speed of revolutionizing the world that I'm talking about. I'm commenting more on Job's hyper-linear business model which doesn't branch out in terms of /talent/ and /visionaries/ ..he pretty much strong-armed the whole business, leaving it to rust away after his passing. Really short-sighted and selfish, in my opinion. He needs more teamwork, more collaboration, give employees more freedom to run off and do their own little projects instead of just boxing them in like iPhone's UI. iPhone's streamlined UI is great, but as a company structure in an ever-changing tech field? Not so much. (Don't make me mention all the ways Google expands its business through multi-visionary-expansion)

Anywho, I just think Jobs was a brilliant, but incredibly selfish man (and he didn't even know it because he was too busy basking in his own greatness and vision). His mistreatment of Steve Wozniak is evidence enough of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.