Timbuk2 "2way" for iPhone 4 + Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coelacanth, Jun 26, 2010.

1. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Hey,

I got Timbuk2 "2way" pouch:

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/accessories/2way

It's not iPhone specific accessory, but it worked quite well for me (probably not for everyone, see below) so I wanted to drop a quick photo report.

The case is well made as you'd expect from Timbuk2. Soft lining interior and ballistic nylon exterior.

M size works perfectly with iPhone 4 + Bumper. I'd imagine it would work well with other slim profile cases.

One potential problem for some people would be the lack of cut-out for headphone cable unlike their older pouch that I had many years ago. This means you can't close the 2way with typical headphones attached unless you have very low profile L shaped connector. I use Bluetooth headphones almost exclusively so this is perfect for me.

The 2way is sold for $20 or maybe less if you find one on sale.

[​IMG]
    There is a pocket in front of main compartment. Probably you can put a plastic panel or something for extra screen protection.

[​IMG]
    There isn't room for straight headphone cable.

[​IMG]
    Good size for i4 + Bumper. It won't easily fall of even when you flip it upside down, yet easy to take out.

[​IMG]
    You can wrap it around shoulder strap of backpack or messenger bag. Also mountable through a belt as well.

Hope this helps someone.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Timbuk 2 is an incredible company and completely forgot about them. I'll keep them in mind again. Thanks man.

3. BrownianMotion macrumors newbie

I've had the 2way since my 3G iPhone and i have to chime in and say it is great. I'm a big fan of Timbuk2. Everything I've ever gotten from them over the years is functional, well-thought-out, and durable. Great company.

4. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I'm very happy with their stuff including custom made messenger bag that's made in San Francisco.

A note: If you are in SF Bay Area, drop by at their retails store in Hayes Valley. You can make custom made bag with store-only options such as extra fabrics and mono-panel design for more classic look and cheaper total cost.

You can use wither SF Bicycle Coalition membership (20% off) or SF BIKE (10%, just bring helmet or bike lock key) discounts too.

5. rrjr80 macrumors member

rrjr80

Hm, this looks perfect for what I need. Thanks.