Timbuk2, a bit underwhelmed. Also, safe for a laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So I've been wanting a Timbuk2 d-lux messenger for months now. I was finally able to order one and it just arrived. I've gotta say Im a bit underwhelmed.

Contrary to most reviews, it dosen't have THAT many pockets, and they are all about the same size anyways. Also, I put my laptop, a 1/2" binder, a textbook, charger, and novel in and it seems to be packed to the brim and very clunky looking. I thought these things were supposed to be like Mary Poppins bags haha.

And lastly, somebody brough this up in another thread and I've been thinking about it. Is a messenger actually safe for a laptop screen? I know there is a small amount of padding but isn't it bad to have all that stuff squeezed in there with your laptop angled between your body and all of your books with all of that pressured? Just a thought.

Starting to think I might return this guy and stick to my Northface Backpack which has treated me great, I'm just more of a fan of the messenger style.

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

backpacks will for the most part, always be safer for a laptop

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I had the same thoughts about Timbuk2 myself. The many reviews surprise me, plus the shoulder strap is short because they're 'true messenger bags' meant for cyclists.

I'd search some messenger bag reviews, for me I found the perfect bag, it's a messenger and a backpack with excellent padding for my MBP it's called the Global Commute by Eagle Creek.

Hope that helps.