Timbuk2 Commute 2.0

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Sep 9, 2011.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

I'm a waterfield addict but wanted something in a medium size to match the roller bag I bought from them. (see the MBA site) I really like it, it is not the heavy ballistic like waterfield and I'd give the nod to WF for overall quality. Straps a bit wider, things just a bit sturdier, but this is lighter on your shoulder.
    [​IMG]
    The bag opens up nice and wide for my projector, MBA, iPad, speakers. One thing on sizing, their medium size is waterfield's large, so their large is......large. This is the medium bag.
    [​IMG]
    They do a better job with more pockets and zippered closures with one caveat - the outside back is slit top and bottom so you can slide it on to the handle of the cockpit roller , waterfield does the same thing except they zip it at the bottom so it can be a pouch. No zip on the T2, things fall straight thru. I fixed that with velcro and super glue.

[​IMG]
    And the TSA back works as advertised - the back splits a like a book so you can go thru TSA without taking out your computer.
    [​IMG]

I only have one beef w/ Timbuk2. I really wanted to discuss if I should get the roller in small or medium and wanted an opin on what really fit in the overhead bin. 3 emails to the proper address (as I got a auto respond) and never an answer whatsoever. Email needs improvement, but nice stuff.

This is the commute messenger 2.0
    http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/home

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Looks pretty nice. I'm a huge fan of SFBags, and I think I may have to give this one a shot as well :)

3. glen e, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

it's different - much more of a lighter, conventional layout of nylon, for example, it does not stand up erect at all, but still nice...I think it'll do nicely for airline work and the WF's for in and out of car type work...you can tell it really was designed by bike messenger people....(and that's not bad)