Timbuk2 Commute

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Applepwns, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Applepwns macrumors member

Hey everyone,
    i was just wondering how many of you use a timbuk2 bag? i have been searching around and am looking into buying the Timbuk2 Commute. Does anyone on this forum have this bag? or another bag by Timbuk2? What do you think of it?

Thanks,
    Justin

2. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

when i used to commute on my bike i used a t2 bag. ive actually got a couple of them and they are solid bags. you can configure them many different ways. including pockets, colors, weather proofing, etc... i highly recommend them. i even use them when i travel. they can take quite a beating.

3. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

Another thumbs up here. I have two of their messenger bags, and they're about 4 or 5 years old, and holding up great.

4. MBPchef macrumors member

I agree with the others. I love my t2 bag. Totally worth the money. I highly recommend it.

5. Applepwns thread starter macrumors member

what bags do you guys have? i am debating wether to get the Timbuk2 commute messenger or laptop messenger.

6. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

i have 2 messenger bags. it was before my laptop. i have never carried my laptop in either bag. got a backpack for that. the commute messenger looks really nice. i would get one of those.

7. Paix247 macrumors 6502

I have a Laptop Messenger, and my cousin has the commute. I would trade him any day! It has more pockets and it seems much more durable. That said... I think that the laptop messenger is made in the USA and the commute is not.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Timbuk2 bags are supposed to be great, but there seems to be a lot more options now that Macs have become more popular.

Personally, I find them to be too big, and prefer nicer looking bags. If I want a big bag, I'd rather carry a backpack. I think backpacks are the best option for those who need to carry a lot of weight.

Perhaps look at Manhattan Portage as well. They're supposed to make some good bags, and have a similar style, if that's what you're going for.

Also, you may get a lot more discussion HERE, since many people are in the same position. ;)

9. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

Personally, I would get a custom bag with a laptop sleeve. Just because I would know it was made in San Francisco, instead of being an import.