Timbuk2 D-Lux or Command?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xomphos, Apr 17, 2010.

1. xomphos macrumors newbie

I have been off and on drooling over the Timbuk2 messenger bags for a few months now and am pretty close to getting one. I currently have a (less than year old) Swiss Gear backpack that is great; however, after I got that backpack, I got my 13" MacBook Pro (Mid-2009) and started to get into the "Mac" style. I'd use it mostly for school, but also would like to use it for general purpose of going around town too. The messenger style with its ease of access to the insides is what has really compelled me to look at one even though I have a great backpack. It seems to suggest a more "pick up and go" lifestyle which would be great for school and perhaps get me to bring my MacBook Pro and stuff elsewhere too.

Which one would you recommend? The Timbuk2 D-Lux Race Stripe Laptop Messenger Bag (Medium, Black/Gunmetal/Rev Red), or the Timbuk2 Command Laptop Messenger Bag (Medium, Black)?

Thanks for your advice!

2. prana77 macrumors newbie

Which did you end up going with? I'm considering the same two bags that you outlined in your post.

I'm somewhat wondering if a medium size is too big. Either a small or medium d-lux or a medium command bag.

I've got a MacBook 13" and carry cords and such as well as paper files, padfolio, other office items. Would like some a bit of extra room for when I travel.

3. rocanlover163 macrumors member

I know this is an old Thread but I didn't want to make a new one. I'm debating on the D-Lux or Command as well, what do you guys prefer or have?