Time and date change after sync with iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WoDan, Nov 23, 2007.

1. WoDan macrumors newbie

It seems that the date and time indicated on my Ipod Touch keeps changing whenever I connect to iTunes. I checked the system time and date and that seems to be correct. Anyone else has encounter this problem aswell and has a solution to it? Thanks in advance!

2. ohio state fan macrumors member

same thing is happening to me. Don't know why and I haven't found a solution yet. Hopefully someone else can help us out

3. pjac macrumors regular

Is it changing by exactly an hour? Could be daylight saving related.

Is it changing by a whole number of hours? Could be time zone related.

4. luckybull16 macrumors newbie

this happened to me. it said august 20, 8:30 when it was november 15 2:00 or something like that. i tried to do a reboot a couple times but didn't work. so i had to bite the bullet and do a restore and that did the trick but it erased all my stuff. I don't know anyother way that can get it back to normal

5. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Are you all using Windows? From what I've read elsewhere it seems to only be a problem with Windows. I've gone through a few Touch's and all of them have had this happen at one point or another. I've read there are ways to prevent it from happening but it really doesn't seem worth the effort. Hopefully Apple will do an update that will fix this and the insanely annoying crashing problems that all my Touch's have had.

Settings > Date and Time.

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

that seems to be true. it's only happened on windows side. I did test with both my mac, windows. mac didn't happen. album arts also get wrong as well. I don't why.

7. jayanga macrumors newbie

Solution to time/date problem on iPod touch.

The problem seems to be with iTunes so try going into the preferences in the edit menu and then click the 'Syncing' tab. Tick the checkbox next to 'Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods'. Reset the Sync History and Remove the Backup. Then close iTunes. Make sure that the time and date settings are correct on your computer preferably by synchronizing it with the internet time. The iPod should synchronize to the same time and date as your computer once iTunes is reopened and should always keep the correct time/date. I think syncing will always have to be done manually.

8. shaqzilla macrumors newbie

I used to have the same problem. The problem occurs if your computer goes into sleep mode with iTunes opened. If it does, your date and time will be messed up the next time your plug in your iPod.

Simple solution: if your computer goes to sleep, close iTunes and restart it once it wakes up, before you plug the iPod in. This works for me.