Time and Date on Home Screen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Chiny, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Chiny macrumors 6502

Well I'm looking for help to get the time and date from the lockscreen to the homescreen, but don't get it twisted I searched my a** off and got a widget download to my desktop, but I dont know how to mod the file to get it to work. I know how to ssh the file but thats about it. Any help would be appreciate, THANKS! BTW Im a Windows user not a MAC.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

You could always just glance at the clock in the statusbar and at the calendar icon :)

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yup, works for me, anything more it would be called jailbroken.

4. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, it took u kids a long time to come up with that. Glad to see public school worked out for u guys! Anyway if anybody has something real to contribute to my problem give me a shoot. THANKX!!

5. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

6. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, the phone is jb running 2.0.1, i have seen the mod and I know it can be done.

7. hchavarria macrumors 6502

For someone asking for help your a bit rude. Anyway, do a search for WAD and I think it might do what you want. It's a set of files that have the time, date, and weather but with a little of HTML knowledge you will figure out how to exclude those items your not interested in. See below for an image of my homescreen to see if this is what your looking for.

Flickr Image

8. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Im not trying to be rude, just trying to get some help. I see ur homescreen and im liking what I see. I'll look-up what you said, but all that code stuff im really not good at. I just stated getting my feet wet with the ssh thing, so be patient with me. THANKX

9. hchavarria macrumors 6502

If you need any help with it I can help although there are many forums talking about this. The latest version is WAD 2.2 and you can also modify your lock screen with it. The actual files have been really noted so everything inside the files have instructions of what to do to accomplish your look.

10. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Is this for MAC or Windows, because I only use Windows?

11. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Well either one (I use both) because it's just HTML files and images. To add a content like the time or other items you can create an HTML file and call it widget (if using WinterBoard). WAD is just HTML files with folders of images, WAD stands for Weather, Analog, Digital (I think) because it combines the weather, an analog clock, and a digital clock. Although you can find other similar premade HTML files I think WAD is the most comprehensive and complete out there.

12. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

I found it and downloaded it, reading up on it as I type. Just one thing, if I set it to the top, is there a way to get rid of the time on the statusbar? Holla Back!

13. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Look at my post with my fluke image...Is that what u mean?

14. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats exactly what I mean, I 've been trying for the last two hours to change the 24hr to 12hr w/o success. And move the clock and weather to the top, also failed. Im reading the instuctions as wellas I can understand them but its not happening right now. So im shuttin it down for tonite try again tomorrow after work.

Attached Files:

15. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Try intelliscreen.
    I have no personal experience with it (on the 2.X FW) .... but if you play with the settings ...
    it can show you what you want right on the lockscreen.
    Search it up on google or cydia/installer.

Downloader beware. When I tried to install this on my jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch it caused a brick and DFU restore.
    But then again ... it was on the 1.1.4 FW ... and it was a beta.
    So I say go for it if you can find it.

16. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

I have Intellascreen on my phone and it works fine for me.

17. hchavarria macrumors 6502

If you want you can attach or send me your file and I can take a look at it for you.

18. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I have so far, still working on the 24hr to 12hr, and the moving it to the top.
    [​IMG]

19. hchavarria macrumors 6502

For the 12hr you just need to remove hte * \ from the 12hr section in the Digital-clock.js file.

Code:
    /* <===== REMOVE

// Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
      var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

// Convert the hours component to 12-hour format if needed
      currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;

// Convert an hours component of "0" to "12"
      currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;

*/ <====== REMOVE

To move them to the top modify the Widget.html file to the following

Code:
    <!-- SytleSheets Pick one from the list and imput its name after Widgets/StyleSheets/***** -->  <!-- NEW!! -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="Widgets/StyleSheets/top.css">

<!--

20. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried everything u posted and it didn't work. Im guessing there is something
    wrong with the widget version I have. WADv2.2, Also trying to figure out how to use the Blank app
    30 blanks from cydia.

21. hchavarria macrumors 6502

I just use the blank apps that came with WAD, I just place them under /private/var/mobile/Library/Web Clips. After you made the changes to the files and uploaded them to the phone, did you respring? Also once you add the blank app to the folder mentioned, you need to respring to get effect.

22. Chiny thread starter macrumors 6502

Dont remmeber doing the respring, but I've resprung the phone plenty of times I found the 30 blank app in cydia, I'm guessing u use it to arrange the icons a certain way on the spring board, right?

23. hchavarria macrumors 6502

That is correct.