Time and date resetting itself

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bishwasher, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Bishwasher macrumors regular

Just turned my iPod Touch 4th Gen (which now feels rather old and insignificant compared to my iPad 3 and iPhone 5 but never mind:rolleyes:) for the first time since updating it to iOs 6 about a month ago to find the time and date had reset itself to say 01:37 on 1st January 1957:confused: anyone have and idea why this happened or how to stop it happening again?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The only reason why it would do that is if the battery completely died or it was disconnected.

3. Bishwasher thread starter macrumors regular

It was out of battery, but it's run out of battery before and not reset itself.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not talking shows the red empty battery symbol on the screen, I'm talking not even a bit a charge left in the battery. Not having any charge in the battery so that the clock resets is not good for lithium batteries. They should never be run done past 5% of their design capacity. Doing so can damage them and reduce their operating life.

5. Bishwasher thread starter macrumors regular

My bad, thanks for the advice:). Must get Siri on my iPhone 5 to remind me to turn my iPod off next time I use it so this doesn't happen again.