Time between Preparing for Shipment and Actual Shipment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleBoyFreak, Oct 28, 2014.

1. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

Hi, Everyone!

As the title suggests, I was wondering approximately how long it takes the iPhone 6 Plus to transition between preparing for shipment and actually shipping? I ask because my phone is expected to be delivered between October 31 and November 7, but I will only be home from October 31 to November 2 and won't be back home until Thanksgiving.

Also, if anyone was wondering, I ordered a 16GB silver iPhone 6 Plus on October 4, 2014 and have an expected delivery window of October 31 to November 7.

2. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

There's really no way to know. My current order has been on preparing to ship for 3 days. An earlier order that I placed changed from preparing to ship to shipped within 24 hours. From what I've read about online it could be anywhere from 24 hours to 5 days. Good luck.

3. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Preparing to ship last Friday and shipped on the same day. Estimated delivery was 29th of October but the delivery turned up yesterday .

4. albertxp06 macrumors regular

Ordered mine (iPhone 6 64gb Grey) on the 16th. My card was charged on the 21st and my phone was shipped on the 23rd.

It skipped Preparing for Shipment.

5. AppleBoyFreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Status update: I just received a shipment notification earlier today with Apple estimating that the phone would be delivered on November 4, but UPS states that the phone will be delivered by October 31.

6. gcrowell macrumors member

Mine has said preparing to ship since day of order. 5 weeks now.