Time capsul only without WiFi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ashforma, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ashforma macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently upgraded my network adding a Cisco Router, an RVS4000, . I now want to use my Airport Extreme/Time Capsul only as network storage.

I have turned WiFi off, but I cannot get the device to connect to the Cisco router, or get the Time Capsul to show up on my Finder. i know I need to turn off DHCP on the Airport Extreme to avoid DHCP conflicts.

Can anyone tell me what the settings are that will allow me to just use the Time Capsul features?

Thanks

2. ashforma thread starter macrumors newbie

Time Capsul only without WiFi

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the other thread.

I set the device back to factory settings using the Airport utility and went through the setup which I got from the other thread.

It worked first time.

Fortunately, I knew about MacRumours, I have seen posts on the 'net where people have struggled for days and weeks... I posted this AM after a night of struggle and I am up and running now.

Thanks

3. ashforma thread starter macrumors newbie

Time Capsul only without WiFi - 2

Hi,

Another problem has shown up now... The DHCP server will renew the IP address every 12 hours - the current setting. If the TM has "started hibernating" it no longer responds to connection requests on the network even though the TM shows in the Active lease table of the router.

Either the TM must be unplugged and plugged in again or the router must be rebooted.

Does anyone know how to keep the TM up and running? there is no setting in the airport utility, I have an Airport Express which extends a wireless network I have based on a Cisco WAP, it also "hibernates". The lights are on, no-one home.

I also have two Relatively cheap DLINK hard drive enclosures they seem to manage the problem just fine.

M