Time Capsule 2To "Beep" Copying Data

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Darsch, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Darsch macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just bought a new Time Capsule 2To from an Apple Reseller in my town.

I'm running Windows Vista here & copying some 17GB files on it.

While it's transferring, i hear some beep, but it's not cyclic, it's like 2 beep then nothing & 1 minute after, 3 beep, then 2 beep and nothing for 2 minutes or 2 beep & 4 beep & 2 beep.

So here is my question :
    I bought this Time Capsule to have more HDD backup & save documents on it.
    First question : is that a sign of defectual disk ?
    Second question : how can i backup the Time Capsule ? If i go 500Go on it... ?
    :confused:

I just don't want to change it, if i get the same bip with all TC when i transfer files on it.

Thank you !

2. Darsch thread starter macrumors newbie

3. lukejmorrison macrumors newbie

lukejmorrison

Can't access Time Capsule Drive while Time Machine is also accessing the drive

I'm getting this also. I'm pretty sure it's caused by the Time Machine software needing exclusive access to the Time Capsule backup disk. So if you are accessing the disk for other purposes it can't get this access.

Anyone care to comment?

I"ve been downloading to the drive and while I'm doing this the Time Machine backup just beeps.

[​IMG]

Luke

4. Darsch thread starter macrumors newbie

I've sent back the TC to the Store in my town, they sent it back to Apple & got a new.

With the new one : NOT ANY BEEP ANYMORE. & Transfort is not freezed at 1MO/s but it goes 10Mo/s (VISTA view because in fact it's faster)

So... just bring it back ;)

5. lukejmorrison macrumors newbie

lukejmorrison

Cool. I think my problem is slightly different. As the light on my Time Capsule is green and the beeping is coming from my PC not the Time Capsule it's self.

Luke