Time Capsule 3TB

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RMXO, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RMXO macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have the new Time Capsule 3TB? I was thinking of getting that to replace my Netgear N900 N router or get the new Netgear Nighthawk but haven't made up my mind yet. Was wondering if anyone had one and give me their opinion on it. I plan to get a new one from eBay since its cheaper than from Apple Store.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I have the new TC 3TB as the main network base station, and new Extreme on the other end of the house extending the network. They work wonderfully and give a good network for our iPads we use through the house. We leave our rMBPs in our office. I highly recommend the new TC and Extreme units.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have the new tower version in the 2TB model and I have been very happy with it. Did you have any specific questions about it?

You might look at a refurb direct from Apple for $60 off the new price. Check here.

4. RMXO thread starter macrumors 6502a

sweet, guess its time to start saving up for one. thanks for the reviews fellas.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The Nighthawk is a great router in terms of performance, but the Time Capsule will definitely cream it in terms of simplicity. I have no issues with any of my AirPort networks.

6. spank2223 macrumors member

How does the new extreme/time capsules compare to the 2nd gen? I live in a 4 floor townhouse and the current extreme is not the 1st floor. I am not getting much of a signal on the 4th floor.

Do you think the new extreme will be better?