Time Capsule 5 Ghz Issue PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Krad3130, May 20, 2011.

1. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

I have searched the forums for a while and also I have done numerous google searches and cannot find the answer to my question.

For some reason my 5 Ghz connection from my Time Capsule isn't showing up when I look for networks anymore and I don't know why? I have checked my settings and I have the check box next to "5 GHz Network Name" and I could always see my network name with the 5 GHz sign next to it so I would know which wireless connection I was using.

Now all that is showing up is my 2.4 connection and I can't get my 5 GHz connection to show back up. I do not have it set up as a closed network so that isn't it...I have literally changed NOTHING and all of a sudden it just isn't showing up any more. I have restarted the TC and I have also restarted my MBP.

I don't know what else it could be and I could really use some Mac Rumors help here!!

Thank you all!!

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I would try resetting the Time Capsule back to factory settings then checking to see if the network is properly broadcasting.

3. Krad3130 thread starter macrumors regular

Krad3130

I just read up on resetting my TC and I am going to try a hard reset first BEFORE trying to do a factory reset. I will do this now and report back my findings.

TY

4. Krad3130 thread starter macrumors regular

Krad3130

Looks like that didn't help it. I will try to restore it to factory settings and see if that helps. If not I guess I will be calling apple tomorrow to figure out what the issue is. I have also checks with my ipad to see if it is just my MBP that isn't seeing the connection and no device I have is seeing the 5 GHz Network.

5. Krad3130 thread starter macrumors regular

Krad3130

Still not working...

Still not working after a factory reset. I don't know what else to do. If anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know.

6. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

The 5Ghz antenna may have malfunctioned.

Is it still under AppleCare?

7. Krad3130 thread starter macrumors regular

Krad3130

It is still under apple care but I just got it to work!! I unplugged everything including the power, plugged everything back in and now it is showing up. Weird.

I wonder if the 5GHz antenna is going dead soon though? Either way I have another 2 years on this thing through applecare so I am fine :)

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it!