Time Capsule 5th gen release date? next March 2013?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kocoman, Nov 14, 2012.

1. kocoman macrumors regular

Time Capsule 5th gen release date? next March 2013?

anyone know? thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I don't think anyone knows at this point. My guess would be there will not be a mew TC or Airport Extreme until we start to see client devices with the new 802.1ac standard. The earliest I suspect you would see that is with new Haswell chipset Macs in March-June 2013.

3. mitigator macrumors newbie

That's unfortunate hope it's sooner. I had purchased a Cisco / Linksys E4200 on Black Friday with a USB port specifically to connect up my Samsung ML-2010 Printer which has NO wireless capability. Unfortunately I have found out that Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.2 is NOT compatible with this Cisco Router so I can't print to it wirelessly from my Macbook Pro - it only prints when I bring the Laptop into the room where the Samsung Printer is (as I have the latest drivers installed).

I have considered purchasing a Airport Extreme or Airport Express if they will somehow work with the Lynksys E4200 and then plug my Samsung printer into the USB on the Airport Express or Express. Will this work? Also if a new Time Capsule is a few months away wonder if that would be my best choice?

4. jaydesh9 macrumors newbie

I believe the Gen 5 would have USB 3.0 support along with either SSR drives or the hybrid drives. .