Time Capsule A1355 won't connect

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by chrisandersen, Mar 13, 2016.

1. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

Had a power failure the other day and now the TC won't connect. Did a factory reset on it this morning and tries but then bombs out. I've heard that these things have weak power supplies and that the it's life is 3-5 years. I just used it to extend my network anyway, so was thinking about just getting a Airport Express.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The limitation with the Express is that it has only 10/100 Ethernet ports. If you have AppleCare on your iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, then your AirPort may be covered under warranty.

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the rule is any wireless device that has apple care that connects to that base station. this includes the watch as well

the router has to be purchased 2 years before the apple care plan and into 3 years of apple care coverage for a total of 5 years

if you're lucky, i figure your time capsule would be covered under applecare , if you have it, until at least 2018

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I do not believe that the iPhone and iPod Touch AppleCare programs cover the AirPort.

5. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

you know, you might be right. it looks like its an ipad apple care thing

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I just wanted to clarify so no one goes out and buys a new iPhone or iPod thinking the agreement would cover the accessories too. :):apple: