Time Capsule and Bang & Olufsen BeoCom 1

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thomdennis, Aug 25, 2011.

1. thomdennis macrumors newbie

I have a 3rd Generation Mac Time Capsule (2Tb), Version 7.5.2 and also a Bang and Olufsen BeoCom 1 wireless phone system. Unfortunately the Time Capsule is interfering with the BeoCom 1, making an otherwise superb phone next to useless. Speech is so distorted, it's almost unintelligible. It's clear it is the Time Capsule that's interfering as there is no distortion on the phone if the Time Capsule is switched off.
    I've moved the phone yards from the Time Capsule and down a floor but the interference is pretty constant.
    I've also changed the Radio Channel Selection on the Time Capsule and tried most of the channels on the 2.4 GHz channel but these don't seem to have any effect.
    Can anyone help me to make the two machines work well in each other's company?
    Thanks

2. czechsteve macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - no solution, yet...

Thank you for your post - I have had this problem with a previous Panasonic phone system and I took it to a country house I use in the summers away from my time capsule...but I didn't make the connection - I just thought the problem was with my TimeWarner phone.

With my new BeoCom 1 system I was disappointed to find the same intermittent problem. I tested tonight by having a phone conversation and initiating a backup - the interference started.

If I find a solution, I will post it - if you find a solution, please let me know.