Time Capsule and Brother Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrpiii, Mar 15, 2012.

1. mrpiii macrumors newbie

I have a Brother HL-2270DW attached to my TC via Ethernet. Every time I print the TC light flashes yellow and I lose my internet connection to my MBP attached to the TC. I comes back after the print job is complete. I noticed this on an HL-2170W I had earlier and just lived with it, but with a new printer I find it very frustrating. I'm running 10.7.3 on a MBP and the TC is 3rd gen with 7.6.1.

2. GeneHa macrumors newbie

Same sorta problem, wish I could help

My old Brother HL-2170W hates the Time Capsule router too. Wish I could help.

I had no problem linking my wifi network ready Brother laser printer to my old LinkSys E1000 wifi router. But every time I try to link the Brother to TC, it cannot login with the password and the printer loses its IP Address (usually something like 10.10.1.X) and reverts to 0.0.0.0

Currently, I have the printer hooked up directly to my Mac Pro tower's USB ports. Which is too bad, because it means my wife needs me to turn on my Mac to use the networked printer.

3. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

That's a wifi capable printer. What happens when you connect the printer wirelessly to the network?

I have no trouble using my 2170W wirelessly with my TC, but the TC is a 2d generation.