Time Capsule and Ethernet Connectivity issue with HP 3210

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Circle-Car, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Circle-Car macrumors newbie

This is my first post on this site, so please forgive me if I am in the wrong spot. I am looking for some help on how to connect my wireless system. These are the items that I have. Comcast Cable Internet / Motorola Modem / Time Capsule 500GB / HP Photosmart 3210 AIO / 500 GB external HD.

I have the cable coming into the house and running to the modem. An ethernet wire runs from the modem to the Time Capsule. I have anohter Ethernet running from the Time Capsule to the Printer. I then want to run a usb cable from Time Capsule to the External 500GB.

Here is my problem. I cannot print to with the Ethernet connection. When I connect a USB from Time Capsule to the printer, it works. Why won't it work with the Ethernet cable. If I am able to get the Ethernet connectiong working, that leaves open the USB slot to connect my external HD. Any suggestions on what to do. I am lost. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

Not sure about the ethernet printing and why it's not working. But in the meantime you can always connect a usb hub to Time Capsule and then connect both your external HD and printer to it.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

When you have the printer hooked up to the network via Ethernet, wouldn't you need to go into the Printers area on your Mac and "re-add" the printer, but this time as a network printer? The printer that you have currently setup in the Printers area is setup for USB, right? I don't think your Mac has any way to know that the printer is now a network printer unless you do that.

4. hoffman99 macrumors member

hoffman99

thanks

Thank you aristobrat, I had the same problem with my HP printer hooked up to my USB TC. Then I read your post and my now problem is fixed.