Time Capsule and Netgear DGN2000

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrspoons, Jun 22, 2011.

1. mrspoons macrumors newbie

Does anyone have this combination working together?

I'm trying to replace my O2 Wireless box which I think is a rebranded Thomson SpeedTouch TG585.

Currently I have the wireless disabled on my Thomson and connected to the TC via ethernet which I then use to access the internet and it all works fine.

I've bought a Netgear DGN2000 to replace my existing router and although on its own it works fine when I plug the ethernet cable in to the TC, the TC comes up with an error saying there is no internet connection available.

I've tried changing all sorts of settings on both the DGN2000 and the TC but I'm not having any luck. Am i flogging a dead horse or is there something I'm missing somewhere?

2. AndoAU macrumors newbie

Hey, did you have any luck with this?

I'm in pretty much the same situation. Same hardware, but I'm also getting "ethernet unplugged" every few seconds, with the light on the TC going orange, then back to green.

3. XxS4CR3DxX macrumors member

XxS4CR3DxX

Did you upgrade the firmware in the router as I have the same one but I didn't upgrade the firmware as it has so money problems with the firmware upgrade as I had my first one replaced

4. mrspoons thread starter macrumors newbie

Gave up on it in the end, managed to sort my o2 router out. Its not a brilliant bit of kit but lifes too short to be faffing about

5. AndoAU macrumors newbie

I couldn't find any way for it to work in the end. Even Apple were confused. I dug out an old router (Belkin one) and have managed to set it up with the Time Capsule using PPPoE.

New router stored away for now... lol.