Time Capsule and Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by asianchick, Jul 2, 2008.

1. asianchick macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I am soliciting your help. I have MacBook, Time Capsule and Nintendo Wii. I connect to the Internet using the Time Capsule (Machine) as my wireless router via Comcast Cable Modem. How exactly can I conntect my Wii to Time Capsule? Will it just recognize the connection automatically or do I have to set it up? If I have to, can someone shed some light on how to do it?

Thanks!

2. mkaake macrumors 65816

You'll need to go into the system setup (or menu, options, whatever it's called... can't remember off the top of my head), and create a new connection (you can save up to 3 unique connections). From there, you just follow the prompts - its pretty straightforward. They all work together just fine, no problems at all.

3. magid macrumors 6502

magid

Yeah and make sure you have some sort of wireless adapter cause theres no built in wifi for the wii.

4. Flore macrumors regular

5. asianchick thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try when I get home tonight. Do you all have Miis?:p

6. christf10 macrumors member

christf10

Your Wii will recognize the wireless network once you go into the wii settings. It is very simple to set up. Yes I have Mii's (like 40 of them).

7. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Ummm, yes there is wifi built in to the wii.

Just go to your settings and it should see the wireless network. Just select it, enter your password and you should be good to go! Enjoy.

8. magid macrumors 6502

magid

Say waaaaaa, I had no idea. Did it always have it built in?

9. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

I don't know if the wifi has always been in the wii but I bought mine about two months ago and it came with wifi installed.

10. asianchick thread starter macrumors newbie

So, settings of the Wii, not settings of the Time Capsule?

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yep, since day one, or six weeks later for sure. My Wii has been connected to the net via WiFi since January 2007 when I got it. You need an adapter if you want to do a wired connection but WiFi has always been there.

12. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Dude

Your Wii works like any other WiFi device would. Just set up an internet connection and input username and password, just like you did when you set up your Macbook.

And the Wii has ALWAYS had a built in wireless card. A USB ethernet adapter was made available for people without wireless access.

13. asianchick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of your help. Wii does have built-in wifi and the set up is a piece of cake. Sweet!:D