Time Capsule and/or G4 MDD issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fartheststar, Aug 4, 2008.

1. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Hi,

Can you please help me problem solve this. Do you think it's the time capsule or Leopard or the G4? What can I do further to check? Details below:

I have a time machine 500gb connected via Ethernet to a MDD G4. A PS3 is also hooked up wirelessly to it and was working fine.

Twice in the past two days I have had to boot the computer (however - I don't think I turned it off - I put it to sleep - and I live alone) and it came up with the 7pm, 1969 date. The computer can't see the Time Capsule (although the Time Capsule is Green and the PS3 can get to the internet).

The first time, after unplugging, and resetting the time capsule (with pin) I got the computer to find it again - last night

The second time (now) I couldn't. Here's what I've tried today in order.

-Unplugging time capsule
    -Pin
    -Plug in (till it blinks fast)
    -Try to find time capsule in airport utility (no luck)

2. Change ethernet cable to time capsule
    Repeat #1 steps

3. Reboot computer
    apple option pr x 4
    Install time capsule software again
    Try to find time capsule in airport utility (no luck)

4. I then connected my computer directly to the DSL modem. it couldn't see the dsl modem either by using Safari to go to the web interface of the modem (SpeedTouch 536). Modem is in Bridge mode because the time capsule was handling pppoe - I was going to flip the modem to handle pppoe, but couldn't.

5. I then just used the pppoe software in Leopard to connect to the internet and that seems to work.

2. fartheststar thread starter macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Anything?

Somehow (haphazardly) I connected it again after the last incident.

The power went out last night and I'm having the same issue. The Computer's date goes to 1969 again :(.

I'm trying to diagnose whether it's the computer or the Capsule.

Any and all help is appreciated.

3. fartheststar thread starter macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Replacing the CMOS battery did the trick, in case anyone's having issues with this later. Pretty cheap fix.