Time capsule and security cameras

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LAS.mac, Aug 7, 2010.

1. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

I'd like to build a security system for my office, using my 1Tb Time Capsule and connecting wirelessly to it, a couple of video cameras. Ideally, I'd like to allow the video camera to take shoots each while, and save thos on the TC hard drive. Anybody knows if that is possible?

2. mangrove macrumors 6502

My local TV station ran a story about a woman who saw her house being robbed and called the police who caught the guys in the act.

I'm trying to remember but I think it was a Logitech system. It came with wifi hub and one camera that connected to it. Then she set it up to call her cell if anything happened/or it activated. It sure worked for her.

Pretty neat setup.:D

3. LAS.mac thread starter macrumors 6502

That's similar to what I've in mind. Connect one or two cameras to a wireless hub. Then configure it (some have web servers) to alert you if something happens. But the camera can also take pictures each minute or so, which normally are stored in a computer. I'm wondering wether I can store those n Time Capsule and avoid the computer...

4. mangrove macrumors 6502

Don't have an answer for you, but my understanding of the TV clip was that movement started the video. It did not take snapshots as you seem to want. But why fill up any device with photos or videos showing no change?

You must go to the Logitech web site to understand more about this particular system.