Time Capsule and Uverse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Staindsoul, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Have no clue when it comes to networking so go easy.

I have currently have Uverse wireless in an industrial-style apartment and the internet speed seems spotty. Sometimes it is good, sometimes slow, but most importantly in my office it is always slower. Just purchased an iMac for the office and want fast speeds in there (obviously)

• I have read that TC's generally improve speed and have better performance. Will the TC need to be hardlined into the Uverse router?
    • How hard is it to setup the TC to be the only wireless network. I do not want the Uverse router to be broadcasting at the same time.
    • How do you actually set up the TC? Will my current MBA that's connected to my Uverse network find it as soon as I turn it on?
    • I purchased Applecare for my incoming iMac today. Will the TC be covered under the Applecare should anything go wrong?
    Sorry for the newb questions.

2. Lance-AR macrumors 6502

It sounds like you will want to put your ISP device into bridge mode to shut the wireless off. Then you might only need the Airport Extreme unless you want the built in disk on the Time Capsule.

Initial setup and management is done via the Airport app in Utilities.

Yes, it should be covered by your AppleCare.