Time Capsule and Wifi Router

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by degas, Jan 5, 2015.

1. degas macrumors newbie

I just bought a wifi router to use instead of using my time capsule, as I was getting a lot of drops with Airplay and thought maybe it was due to the wifi signal. I've got it set up fine, using the Time Capsule in bridge mode, only now using it for my hard drive. However, it will now work for a little bit, and then it becomes disconnected from the network. I use the drive mostly for my iTunes Library, so it will play for a bit, then the time capsule is no longer found.

I'm runing osx mavericks.

2. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Try using a different Ethernet port and/or swap Ethernet cables. Not sure that's the issue, but that's the first troubleshooting step I would try.

3. degas thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would set the Time Capsule's wireless to off, the network mode to bridge mode, and connect it via Ethernet to the other router in a static configuration.

5. degas thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems like the Ethernet cable might have been the issue. Didn't happen last night or this morning. Thanks everyone.

6. degas thread starter macrumors newbie

This was working fine for a while, but this morning, the same problem occurred. I can't access the Time Capsule. Clicking Connect just gives me the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Check the server name or IP address..."

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Is this a new TC or a older pizza box style?

8. degas thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the older pizza box style. It seems like the TC is dead. This morning I rehoused the hard drive in an enclosure, but when it mounts, I see two drives - one says APconfig, and there is a file there called afp.reconnect_keys. The other drive is APswap. I don't see/cannot access any of my files that were on the drive. Any ideas?

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Time Capsule and Wifi Router

You can reformat the drive to remove the files. I had a similar issue with an Extreme which I fixed by downgrading to 7.6.1.