Time Capsule and xbox 360 wireless connectivity

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sho38, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sho38 macrumors newbie

Anyone able to get the two play nice with each other? I havent had much luck...i have also looked through the apple support forum and tons of users are having this issue. I was hoping that the firmware update yesterday will solve it...but it hasn't :(

2. Limonade3 macrumors newbie

Just wondering if you've received an answer to this question or if anybody else has any insight?

I know the Xbox often has issues with various routers so I also would like to be sure whether it would work before laying down the cash.

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Everything I have picked up here and via google seem to indicate its not fixed, thus no time capsule for me.

4. t0ke macrumors newbie

Do you have another Wireless Router?

Just seems a bit extreme to not get a TC because it doesn't play nice with the XBox ...

Actually ... the XBox is the ONLY reason I have to actually KEEP my Linksys G around ...

Really made me happy that I could still find a use for it ...

Have a look around ... I am sure you can find a sweet deal on a used G and use it exclusively for XBox...

5. Jayrod macrumors regular

As far as I know, it is an issue with the 802.11n networks - the 360 can't handle it - there's good ol' Microsoft for you... Anyway, I have worked around this issue quite nicely with an Airport Express that I had. Just bridge the Express to the n router (in my case it was an AEBS), creating a secondary b/g network which works seamlessly with my 360. You'll be back to playing Call of Duty 4 again in no time!

6. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Actually I have a Linksys G router now. I do not at this point, anyways want to bother setting up two of them. That could change in a couple of months.

7. jgunn macrumors regular

Thats my setup except I have a TC. Can you elaborate on how you got it to work. I have extended my network to the express (G) but the 360 only detects it as wired, it won't pick up an IP. How do you create a secondary B/G network.

Thanks

8. phatcat macrumors regular

Works fine with airport extreme & my 500GB Western Digital HD connected to Airport USB port. Time Machine & Xbox 360 works perfectly with this setup. I'm running mixed mode: a/b/g/n

9. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I ended up buying an Airport Express N version and running an ethernet to my xBox. Seems to work okay

10. MedRed macrumors member

MedRed

GRRR. I'm having this issue too. The 360 connected to both my Extreme N routers before (1 was the early one w/ no gigabit lan and the 2nd is the newer one with the gigabit Lan). It has to be an issue with something being different about the time capsule. I have the newer Extreme connected to the time capsule via a WDS network. The 360 can connect to the Extreme but not the Time Capsule. Lame!

11. D-Love macrumors regular

Keep on top of this people.

Add me to the list of frustrated new TC owners who refuse to buy a bridge simply for this connection, and I am not running ethernet cable all the way across the house either...

Airport Extreme used to have this problem I read, and that got fixed so hopefully this does as well. Soon.