TIme Capsule AP Extreme and BT HomeHub2

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by OlafTHairy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. OlafTHairy macrumors newbie

Evening all...

I have a vague plan in mind, as follows.
    I plan to use the BT HomeHub2 as my modem.
    I also plan to attach the time capsule to the BT HomeHub and use the TC for wireless and DHCP services
    I would like to attach an airport extreme via Cat6 cable to another building where it will extend the wireless network from the TC

Is this feasible/possible?
    I am assuming that it will be best to disable wireless and DHCP on the HomeHub and rely on th TC for this?

Does anyone else have any tips on getting this sort of config up and running?

Thanks in advance.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This first rule of thumb is NOT to have a NAT router behind anther NAT router. You will run into the "double NAT" network problem if you do it this way.

3. OlafTHairy thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply satcomer, but i am afraid i might need you to elaborate on that comment.
    I think i know what you mean, jsut unsure as to whether it is possible to switch the relevant functions off within the homehub2?

4. WeetaBiXie macrumors regular

WeetaBiXie

I'm using a HuaWei B835 3G Modem/Router, which is connected to an Airport Extreme via Ethernet and the Airport Exteme connects to a few Airport Expresses and a 2TB Time Capsule wirelessly.

The HuaWei Modem/Router, only acts as a modem with its wireless and DHCP disabled.

Setup was painless and it just "works" with the Airport Extreme, no problems with using any services at all.