time capsule as wireless(bridge/extender)??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anubis8627, Jan 14, 2010.

1. anubis8627 macrumors newbie

hi
    my situation goes like this.. theres a router(main) which is connected to the internet modem and this router provides internet for the whole place. its located in my roommates room and he like it that way.

i have a time capsule which id rather connect to, since its got my time machine back ups and all my other files(which in total is 1.2 tb). i connect an aditional external and a printer to my time capsule which works perfectly fine.

now here the problem, iv been trying to find a way to get my time capsule to connect to the main router wirelessly, since my roommate dosnt want to move his router and he dosnt want all my stuff is his room. in addition we would like to avoid using a Ethernet cable.

anyway i really need some help please
    thanks

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I've gone through 14 pages of search results trying to figure this out. I don't even need to do it through wireless, I just want to use the hard drive in the time capsule, but use my dir655 as the router.

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

We would need to know what the "main router" is, brand and model number. You would probably need to setup the "main router" to accept a wireless extender, but without knowing the brand and model no one can't point you in the right direction.

From there, you simply setup the TC to extend the wireless network that the "main router" is serving.