Time Capsule ATT USB Connect 881

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bastiat, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Bastiat macrumors newbie

Is it possible to use my AAT USB Connect on the USB port of my new Time Capsule? My old DSL modem I was using with my Dell is shot, I recently bought MacBook Pro's for my wife and I and have been using the ATT wireless with them. I'm pleased with its speed (we have G3 here) and would love to just ditch the DSL and use it for a home network.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

The Time Capsule can only use the USB port for printing and/or sharing a disk.

Are you and your wife using OS X's Internet Connection Sharing now, so you both can be using the modem at the same time?

3. Bastiat thread starter macrumors newbie

She just got hers today so she hasn't gotten much past turning it on.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hasn't gotten much past turning it on? :confused::eek: Just kidding. I was all over mine the second it came out of the box, but I'm way more of a geek than she is. (Hopefully) :)

While you're looking for a router that works with your AT&T 3G USB modem, if you guys ever want to be on the Internet at the same time, the Internet Sharing feature built into the Mac OS should let her Mac connect to yours over WiFi and share the AT&T 3G connection active on your Mac.

You can set it up by clicking on the Apple | System Preferences | Sharing.

If you click Internet Sharing once to highlight it in blue and then click the question mark icon in the bottom right corner, it should give you a little help on the matter.

Have fun with your new Macs! :)