Time Capsule Buying Guide/Advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by demodave, Jan 10, 2012.

1. demodave macrumors regular

demodave

I'd be very interested to see Time Capsule added to the list of items covered in the Buyer's Guide. Of course, I've seen the (somewhat) recent article covering the improved WiFi performance of the current generation Time Capsule. I've got an original Time Capsule in my home already (and I think it's a fantastic product), but I can definitely "feel the pain" that it is located in the TV room, and I do a lot my my morning (Mac fanatic) news-reading in the kitchen. So I am debating upgrading (which should help with that), but I don't know if I shouldn't wait until the next refresh.

dd

PS This will be my 30th posting, so I guess I get to be a Full Member now. :)

(Not that I haven't been reading for far longer than my apparent start-date, I just didn't really have anything to add....)

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

FWIW, I got a new 2TB Time Capsule for Christmas and love it. I am not intimidated by walled gardens in the least and love the integration, particularly with the AirPort Utility software.

I can't tell you if throughput is improved - in my case it replaced an 802.11n Linksys router that was not dual-band, but I haven't seen any noticable changes in bandwidth or range. Not that I was having problems before...