Time Capsule can't connect once setup with password

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by goodwilldrums, Mar 25, 2008.

1. goodwilldrums macrumors regular

My TC will not connect to the internet after I set everything up. The backup however does work; I can see it and connect to it through the finder, also I can store files on there and open those files in a PC I have in another room. But I cannot connect to the internet.

What I CAN do though is reset it and have default settings on my TC, then I am able to get a connection (the default network name is "Apple Network f55f8d" if you happen to be my neighbor, you can get free internet right now). But I can't access the HD because it asks for a password...but there is no password assigned to it!!!

I have searched all forums I can find regarding this, and have tried all the tricks I know of: resetting the modem and TC, rebooting the computers, going into system prefs/network and putting airport first, etc...

Anything I am missing?!

2. lermal macrumors regular

lermal

How long did you wait before trying to get to the Web? Are you able to see what IP it is getting? (if it is a 169.254.x.x or not?) I know mine took a little while (a couple minutes) before it grabbed the IP and DNS information so I could "get out".