Time capsule connection to D-link modem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kjones, May 1, 2011.

1. kjones macrumors newbie

hello,
    i recently moved and had to get a new AT&T internet DSL account. As a result, I had to set up everything again with my d-link 520b modem and now the time capsule does not work. when i first bought the time capsule, apple support had to help with the set up. i'm out of free tech support warranty not realizing that i would ever have to go through that pain again. does anyone know how to connect the two? any help is appreciated.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Try this: (courtesy of Yahoo Answers lol)

Open AirPort Utility and click on Manual Setup

Click the Base Station tab below the icons to name your Time Capsule, establish a device password (write this down) and adjust Time Zone settings

Click the Wireless tab
    Wireless Mode = Join a wireless network. Hold down the option key on your Mac if you don't see this choice.
    Wireless Network Name...the name of the available wireless network should appear as a choice to join if the Time Capsule is receiving a good signal at its current location. Click the select it or type in the name of the network
    Wireless Security = <whatever your network is using>
    Click Update at the lower right and the Time Capsule will restart in 20-25 seconds. If you get the green light, you should be all set.

3. kjones thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the tip. I have a wireless network that I created. I'm not sure why I need to join one. I also don't have a Mac. The connection has something to do with the d-link setup.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You have to do that to have the Time Capsule become a member of your network. Unless you have it plugged right in?

5. kjones thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. My time capsule is my wireless network so I selected created. However, you think I should have selected join. I will try it and see what happens.