Time Capsule Difference

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by guzmansg, Nov 2, 2009.

1. guzmansg macrumors member

I recently picked up a steal....or at least I think I did.

I bought the last generation Time Capsule 500gb for $170 brand new. It is dual band but I don't know if there are any other differences between mine and the new 1tb/2tb besides the hard drive capacity.

Anyone know?

2. The Hammer macrumors regular

There are threads here about the last gen machines dying after 18 months. use search terms such as "dead Time Capsule."

3. guzmansg thread starter macrumors member

4. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

i read reviews on the new time capsule dying after 18 mths too, maybe they fixed the problem? if so, ill get one of the newer ones...

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

My parents have had their 500GB time capsule for a long time now, and it is still alive and kicking.

Up until the most recent update, I had the 1TB time capsule with an airport express used to extend the wireless network into some hard to reach corners of my apartment. I decided to go buy the new time capsule today to see if the range improvement was enough that I would no longer need an airport express. I'm happy to report that this is true! I no longer need the airport express, and my network is living happily ever after. Even my chumby in the back corner of my apartment gets a signal!