time capsule disapears after a while

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by guido.coza, Oct 20, 2013.

1. guido.coza macrumors member

Hi all
    Got a 2tb Time Capsule a couple of days ago. I would like to use it to back up my external HD. As it is it is not fat formated and I'm using ccc to backup this volume! Or should I say try to backup. after about 1/2h -1h the backup stops because the connection between my Macbock Air running 10.7.5 and the captule drops. I have the same problem with TM. Any suggestions??:confused:
    P.S. If I have TM switched on the T C is visible as a TM backup volume on my desktop.
    If TM is switched off, I only can find T C as a network volume in the finder panel :mad::confused:

2. priitv8 macrumors 68020

I'm not sure if I completely follow you, but there are 2 distinct volumes involved in TM network backups to TC:
    1) Backups folder on TC disk - it will contain the individual .sparsebundle files for every computer backed up. You don't need to mount this volume, TM will discover it by itself.
    2) Once TM has started, it will mount first the TC network volume, then open your sparsebundle from there. This is a virtual disk image, that you will see on desktop and Finder as a volume named "Time Machine Backups".
    After TM completes, both of these volumes are unmounted and "Time Machine Backups" disappears, until next run.

PS If you lose your Wi-Fi connection to TC halfway through a backup, you have a wireless networking problem.