Time Capsule Disappears

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WHM, Jun 10, 2008.

1. WHM macrumors regular

I purchased on line early for the Time Capsule when introduced at MacWorld. This was the easiest way for me to keep a current back up and seemed the perfect fit since backing up was not on my priority list. My wife purchased a new iMac and I purchased a new MacBook Pro and all worked as stated for a few weeks. My MacBook Pro started to tell me can not mount disk... or back up can not be found. After several days trying to find an answer when I pulled up Airport Utility sometime the Time Capsule was not there. The Time Capsule will drop out or disappear from my Finder screen and later it shows up again. I trashed 6 weeks of back up and can only get thru maybe only 10g before the Time Capsule disappears again and the back up stops. I have rebooted the Time Capsule set it up all over again and always the same results? I have the newest Safari and all the updates to Airport Utility? What else can I do? :mad:

2. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

3. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Do an initial backup using ethernet, then switch to wireless. If you have it set to 5GHz reset it to 2.4 and see if that helps.

4. ascender macrumors 68000

This has been happening to quite a few users since the recent updates. There's various suggestions on the Apple forums, but many users (like me) haven't been able to fix the problem yet.