Time Capsule Disk Access Suddenly Slow?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Terry Smith, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Terry Smith macrumors member

Terry Smith

Hey folks. Anyone notice anything happening to their disk speed/transfer/access rates lately using a Time Capsule for a NAS?

I currently use it to do two TM backups, and hold an iTunes store - been working amazingly well for over a year, and then a couple of weeks ago notice massive lags.

The two Macs are using wireless, but internet speeds are as fast as ever... it just bogs down when you try to use a disk.

So, couple other questions: Was there an airport firmware update lately that I installed incognito - and it's botched? Is there a way to install old firmware etc? Lastly, is there any way to run disk utility (or something like it) on a network drive like the Time Capsule? Maybe it's just clogged up or something?

Your help is appreciated. And yes, I know there are better NASssy arrangements out there, but it was working fine until recently for my uses.

Thanks!

TMS

2. Terry Smith thread starter macrumors member

Terry Smith

Follow up qualification... yes I searched previous posts

There is nothing other than rants against using it the way I am... but I have it and want to continue using it - so ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TMS