Time Capsule Disk(s) Cannot be mounted

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SantaRosa2.2, Apr 15, 2014.

1. SantaRosa2.2, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014

SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Yesterday, My Time Capsule Disk(s) started acting buggy.

I have a 4th generation 2tb Time Capsule w/ (2) 2 TB LaCie Porsche Design Harddrives attached through a Belkin Powered hub, serving as network media drives.

Yesterday, I started having issues, getting the media drives to mount. Really laggy, spinning wheels, etc.

Finally, I did a hard reset of the Time Capsule, Reinstalled everything as new.
    Everything worked great!!!

24 hours later, here we go again. Drives started out hard to mount, slowly showing my files. I ejected them because it was getting absurd how long I was waiting for the files to show on my desktop. Mind you all day they worked great taking only mere seconds to mount and show my files.

Now, I cannot get any disk to mount including, my time machine backup which is the installed drive in the time capsule. It has said "looking for backup disk" for the last 2 hours.

All the disks are visible in airport utility, showing each drive and the amount of storage available, they are being seen... so this is making very little sense to me right now. But clicking on the drives to mount the disks I get nothing. I know resetting the router fixed the problem last night. Can't imagine why this is happening again 24 hours later after working flawlessly all day.

So I just reset the Time Capsule, Once again...Now all is working fine...again...but for how long??

Mind you I have had this same set up and same settings for nearly 2 years and have never had an issue.

Any ideas?? It's clearly an issue with the router..Should I try to roll back the firmware? I've had version 7.6.4 for some time so I doubt that would be the issue...

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You can definitely try and roll it back. However, I would first run all software updates in Software Update on your Mac, repair permissions on your local hard drive, and do a restart...

3. SantaRosa2.2 thread starter macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

I should have mentioned Software Updates are always done, I did also disconnect the network drives connect them via USB and repair permissions, the first time they acted up, just trying to be thorough, but the only thing that got them back up and running was the router hard reset. It seems network/internet related, rather than software related. Everything is still up and running as of this morning, I will continue to monitor.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I am going to offer the possibility that there is an issue with 7.6.4. Try doing a downgrade to 7.6.1 if it crashes again...

5. SantaRosa2.2 thread starter macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

Altemose,

Thanks for your input, I left the firmware at 7.6.4, after I did the reset on the router the 2nd time around it's worked flawlessly again for the last 2 days. (fingers crossed). This was definitely a strange one :rolleyes:, I'll just have to monitor it.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

No problem Santa Rosa! It has been my experience that 7.6.1 is the most stable firmware for these devices, but 7.7.2 is the best for the AC devices!

Let us know if this issue reappears.