Time Capsule drops Network - Help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xp0z3d, Sep 27, 2013.

1. xp0z3d macrumors regular

I have time capsule wired directly to M cell , ATV3 etc. And my laptop etc connects to Time capsule using Wifi. I today experienced a disconnection with Time capsule from Laptop as It could not connect twice in the entire day. I thought its Wifi issue but its not because ATv3 dropped then connection with Time capsule ,Mcell did same. So it was happening on both fronts.
    Then I thought its Internet issue. But Youtube app on Atv3 could stream content without any issue but I could not stream anything from my Itunes to ATV3. Content is stored locally on Time capsule. :mad:

So dunno why this happened and its very very annoying. And this happened while I was sitting 10-15 feet away from time capsule.

Any solutions , Its a 2tb TC a year old only.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sounds like a laptop issue. Remember that ATV doesn't / can't stream content directly from a TC, it uses iTunes on your computer as an intermediary. Since YouTube continued to work the TC and ATV are probably fine - something going on with the laptop. Security software maybe?

3. xp0z3d thread starter macrumors regular

I dun have any software on laptop and has never occurred before , did not change anything on laptop , its Macbook Pro running ML. Also why I think it might not be laptop issue because I have a Att Micro cell plugged directly into TC even that lost network connection because I could see on it , it trying to find Network again.

4. damastez macrumors newbie

It's not a laptop issue. It's a pretty common occurrance, and there are about 1000 threads on it on the official forums. I've asked repeatedly for advice from Apple, and the most common response is to do a 'soft reset' which requires using a paperclip or pen to press the reset button on the back of the Time Capsule (briefly, do not hold it in, or you'll conduct a hard reset).

This advice, however, is awful. It does not restore network connectivity. Only cycling the power does that, and for any of you that actually own a time capsule, you can imagine why this is awful. There's no restart mechanism, and software does not recognize the device to force a restart.

This seems like a really poor design by apple. If I could do it all over again, I would have bought a backup that was separate from the router. That's what I get for trying to maintain a minimalist approach to my office.

5. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Another good reason not to use TC.