Time Capsule Error after Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ellen, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Ellen macrumors regular

I was able to install Snow Leopard without any problems - but I can't do a Time Machine backup to my Time Capsule. The drive is not recognized and I get a "25299" error which refers to a problem with my keychain. I've gone into Keychain Utility and (several times) have deleted all the Time Capsule entries, but the problem keeps replicating itself. I was able to run backups earlier today and also reset the settings on the Time Capsule, so I'm sure it's not a problem with the drive. Any help would be very appreciated!!!!

2. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

This is very confusing, but while I can't run a backup using my keychain information (which I know is correct), Time Machine recognizes the Time Capsule and will run a backup if I access it using the guest setting. I found info at the Apple Discussions where a few people were having the same problem, but it was a couple of months ago. Has anyone experienced this after installing Snow Leopard? Thanks.

3. jlevi macrumors member

Same problem here. Haven't tried guest network though.

4. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

The guest network option works, but I wonder why Time Machine is not recognizing my Time Capsule if it has to authenticate. I've rebooted the Time Capsule and reset my keychain several times including removing the Time Capsule entries. But maybe there are other files I need to delete.

5. Ellen thread starter macrumors regular

I'm still trying to figure out why, after installing Snow Leopard, I can only run Time Machine using the guest network option. I repaired permissions today in case that was the reason, but I'm still getting an error saying there's a problem with my Time Capsule password (tho there is not). If anyone else is experiencing this problem and has figured a solution I'd love to hear from you. Luckily (knock on wood) this is my only major Snow Leopard issue. Other than awaiting some upgrades for software that's not critical, it's been running smoothly for me.