Time Capsule & Ethernet Internet Connection

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Arkious, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Hi All,

Im struggling like mad to set up my time capsule to allow internet access via ethernet. For some reason it lets me connect via wi-fi but not via ethernet, this leads me to believe its a setting issue on the Mac?

It works when the time capsule is set to bridge mode but using this mode seems to be causing me issues with regards to port mapping.

I have Sky Internet Router attached to the Time Capsule via ethernet & the iMac attached to the Time Capsule via ethernet. All other PC's Mac's & iPhones are attached via Wi-Fi.

Please could someone offer some assistance (this new Airport Utility is whats confusing me i think lol.

2. fred.bloggs, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

fred.bloggs macrumors member

I think a bit more information is required on your set up.

One of the two will have to be in bridge mode.

I found it best to put the modem router into bridge mode (so it just did PPoA to PPoE) and let the time capsule do the rest, as the time capsule seems to do a much better job.

If the new air port utility is not to your taste (I don't care for it much) there is a new version of the old style one that can be installed alongside the new one.

3. Arkious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkious

i found that it was settings on the sky router, the time capsule is now in bridge mode but external connections were blocked through the sky router that needed to be unblocked.