Time Capsule Ethernet Issues ME177LL/A

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by e²Studios, Sep 25, 2013.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have a 2 month old 2TB Time Capsule, its the newest one and I'm having a issue with the ethernet ports. The WAN port works fine and anything on wifi has connectivity to the internet and LAN. However anything off of the ethernet ports have no access to the LAN or Internet and are basically dead. There is a link from each port when connected to a device but no traffic passes through it.

Has anyone else seen this with a Time Capsule or have any ideas on what to do to troubleshoot this. When I called Applecare they just had me login and validate the settings, it ended with a "well your settings are right it should work"....

Thanks!

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

What are the devices -Macs, Windows, appliances? Are they getting an IP in the proper DHCP range? Can they ping the router, or anything beyond? If any macs, does Airport Utility see the TC?

3. e²Studios thread starter macrumors 68020

e²Studios

There is a NAS, and two switches that have various devices off them both Windows and Mac. If I plug directly in with the iMac, MBP, or Mini I get a link but no DHCP range, nothing gets on the LAN from the ethernet ports. Basically the light is on but theres no connectivity.

Airport utility sees it fine, if you're on WiFi you can talk on the LAN as well as access the internet which means the WAN ethernet port is working fine. I'd figure the WAN and LAN ports would be all or none as far as them working which makes this even more strange.