Time Capsule Failed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mackmgg, Oct 10, 2009.

1. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Well today I was browsing the internet, when my time capsule randomly shut off. I tried everything, and it just won't turn back on. So I called apple, and they will send a new one in the mail :D But in order to get my data off it, I have to bring it to an apple reseller. Apparently Time Capsules are covered under your Mac's warranty. Does that mean PC users dont get a warranty with it?

... Another one bites the dust...

2. Takuta-Nui macrumors regular

Is it covered because you bought it with your Mac? I was under the impression that it has to be part of a computer purchase for it to be eligible under Apple Care.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I thought the same thing too, but it seems like some Apple folks aren't too strict on that.

OP, to answer your question, Windows users get the default one-year warranty that comes with most Apple hardware. :)

4. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Strange seeing as they needed the Time Capsule and MacBook serial # on the phone, considering that the time capsule SHOULD be under its own warranty still, so they shouldn't need the macbook in that case. Also, they were bought over a yr apart