Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thejason

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Just an FYI: I called one of the local Apple resellers here in Omaha & they informed me that are scheduled to have a shipment of the Time Capsules in on this Wednesday, February 20th.

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
My online order (placed just after it was announced) still shows Feb 29:

TIME CAPSULE 1TB-USA
Ships by: Feb 29
Delivers by: Mar 5

hueyproductions

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
did the same thing a few weeks back...

and the lady on the phone said "February 12th," without a bit of hesitation. When the 12th came, I called them back, and not only did they not have them (obviously), they said that nobody knew when they'd be released and had no idea where the previous person got their information. called two other stores, and they said the same. My guess is February 29th (ala iPhone will be released in June - came out June 29th 2007).

jerry1

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
Apple resellers don't know anything more than the public when it comes to release dates, etc...

harddriveowner

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2007
time capsule: too small for most of us

What concerns me is the small size of the drive. There is a USB port to attach an external harddrive to it but this does not make sense. The capsule should be 2 TB or more or at least have a firewire port or a SATA port so that a giant harddrive could be connected to it.
Does anyone else feel this way???

iHerzeleid

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2007
What concerns me is the small size of the drive. There is a USB port to attach an external harddrive to it but this does not make sense. The capsule should be 2 TB or more or at least have a firewire port or a SATA port so that a giant harddrive could be connected to it.

Most users aren't going to need more than 2TB (at least in today's computing standards, 3 years from now this statement will be void).

My guess is February 29th (ala iPhone will be released in June - came out June 29th 2007).

Makes sense. But I want my TC now.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005

The Time Capsule is obviously meant to be an affordable consumer-oriented networked backup solution. 1 TB is more than enough for 90% of consumers (today).

tominated

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2006
Queensland, Australia
1tb is plenty. My iMac and My families computer both have a 250gb HDD and my laptop along with my bro's laptop's hard drive is about 220gb all together so that's still got a good 30gb left. And that is considering if the drives were completely full, which they aren't

jb60606

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2008
Chicago
do you think the hard drive in the TC can be easily removed? I'd like to buy one, but won't if the drive can't be replaced by the user, without voiding the warranty.

amanda kathryn

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
Apple resellers don't know anything more than the public when it comes to release dates, etc...

truth. good friend of mine worked at the times square store and he never had any helpful info. he was even convinced about a year ago that the iphone would never actually exist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.