Time Capsule... Flashing Yellow Missing from Network

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fulgham, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Fulgham macrumors regular

Hey,

So I have an Airport Extreme hosting my wireless network in my home office (second floor). A couple months ago I bought a Time Capsule (1TB) and have it extending my network from our family room (main floor).

I was just watching TV and saw the status light change from green to flashing yellow/orange. Thinking our internet just went down, I cracked open my MBP and fired up FireFox.... Internet is working just fine. Switched over to the Airport Utility and scanned for Devices. The only device found is my Airport Extreme.

I scanned my local area wireless networks, and all that can be found is the usual suspects... no new apple devices.

Did a search on this forum and the apple support forum without finding anything super helpful.

I know I could plug in via Ethernet and see if I could find it then... (its installed right under our TV and people are watching it right now)...

My next course of action is to reset the TC... When i set it back up, if I don't give it the exact same name... will i still be able to resume my back-ups from where they were before? (I know I shoulda backed up the config file... but I didn't)?

Advice?

(I highly doubt that it is a software update ... I keep ontop of those, and one hasn't been released for a while... My Extreme is at 7.3.2)

Update:
    So after an hour researching all of this I came back downstairs and the TC status light is green... But its still not showing up in the AirPort Utility and I can't back up.

Update 2:
    So I power cycled it and its fixed... hope this never happens again.

2. tomem macrumors newbie

Happens all the time

I have the same syndrome, returning every few weeks, maybe days. Anyone else figured out how to prevent it?

3. Gaendaal macrumors newbie

Doesn't the flashing orange status light mean that the TC's downloading a firmware update?