Time capsule hanging up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Chad H, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Hey guys,
    I know another TC question, but this one is really weird. I have backed up to my TC about 20 times. I have not had one problem out this thing. Except for the random un-mounts it does when it finishes backing up. But, I do have it mounted to the desktop so I can put my i-Tunes library on it. Anyway, this morning on I opened my MBA to find it un-mounted and when I tried to remount it and it get giving me an error. So, I restarted my MBA and that didn't help. So, then I unplugged the TC and that seemed to fix the problem. I attempted to re-mount the TC and besides it taking a little longer it mounted fine. I then went into i-Tunes and it played music fine since it is stored on the TC after all. So lastly, I tried to do a backup(unplugged from A/C) and it would stick at processing. It wouldn't move past that point, now I didn't leave it for 5 or 10 minutes or anything but it normally moves past that portion rather quickly. So I cancelled it out which un-mounted the HD off the desktop. I just remounted it and that worked again fine. What do you guys feel the problem is? I thought maybe the HD took a dump on me, but i-Tunes will play music from it and when I awake my MBA from sleep, you can hear the TC's HD fire up. Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to know any tips or tricks.

-Chad

2. Chad H thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chad H

Anybody? I got my mini set up with a ethernet cable to the TC and it backed up fine. So, again is it my MBA? Its just sitting at preparing and not doing anything.