Time Capsule: HD doesn't automatically reconnect after computer is woken up.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Capt Crunch, May 22, 2008.

1. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

I'm using a 500 gig Time Capsule as a NAS, and it's doing relatively well. I have a mac mini as an HTPC which draws it's movies from the Time Capsule. My only complaint is that when my mac mini falls asleep and is woken up, I have to click my way through the finder to the drive on the Time Capsule. If I don't and have Front Row open, Front Row won't see the aliased folders that lead to the Time Capsule content. When I click through via the finder and then go back to Front Row, everything is fine. It's annoying because I'd like to not have a keyboard or mouse connected to the mini.

Any advice?

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I'm going through the same thing, although I don't have my Mini set to go to sleep – it's when I restart it that I have to manually connect to Time Capsule. Wish there was a way to automatically connect at login, or after waking from sleep (in your case)...

3. retepppank macrumors newbie

is there a solution for it?

espacialy after wake up?

I have to connect to it with my MacBook Air all the time manually.
    sucks...

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You can automatically connect at log-in by adding your Time Capsule share to your user account login items (System Preferences->Accounts->Select User->Login Items, then press the + button, select your Time Capsule share and add).

Your Time Capsule password will need to be saved in your keychain unless you want to enter it every time you log-in. You can also achieve this using Automator.

5. retepppank macrumors newbie

Thanks, this will work for my mac mini. I read this solution somewhere.

But my MacBook Air is loosing connection after waking up. There is no Event where I could put an automator script. I also put the Icon into the dock, no solution. It looses connection anyway.

Perhaps this is a clue:
    Right after waking up the airport indicator is grey for about 1 sec and then full black again. Perhaps there is something like a handshake between leopard and time capsule right in this second. And because there is no connection to the base station he yells "IT'S LOST DUDE!". Hm... is there a way to delay this handshake?

I don't know....