Time Capsule Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Atticusracer182, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Atticusracer182 macrumors newbie

My wireless network went down the other day and it finally came back it. I had to re-name it, put a new password, etc., etc., etc. Anyways, my Time Capsule is still blinking the with the orange light and won't be detected under an apple wireless device. Can someone please help me out here!
    Thanks.

2. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing your time capsule is connected wirelessly. If so, I'm guessing the time capsule isn't picking up the new network name and password.

I would connect the time capsule directly to a computer and do the setup again for the TC.

3. Zemzem macrumors newbie

Go to your airport utility and search for it, if you still can't find it unplug it and go through the step by step process again. Is your TC wired to your modem or is it set up wireless?

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

use a pin to press the little reset button in the back of the time capsule, then connect it to your computer with the ethernet cable and run the set up again.

*** resetting it will erase anything on your time capsule hard drive including your time machine backups so save that on your computer somewhere first *****

5. Atticusracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie

my time capsule is wireless. and i've unplugged it, used the pin and it and nothing.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Resetting it will NOT delete anything on the hard drive. It will only either reboot your TC or reset your TC preferences depending on how long it's held. The data will remain untouched.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1300

I'd connect to the TC via ethernet and try detecting it in AirPort Utility. If you still can't, try pressing and holding the reset button for a few seconds (around 5). This will actually reset the router settings of the TC and restore it to factory default. Go through the setup again and you'll be fine. And your backups will still be there.

7. Atticusracer182 thread starter macrumors newbie