Time Capsule Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Chephren, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Chephren macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I've recently purchased the 500GB Time Capsule. I tried to search the boards for any similar threads but couldn't find any.

I'm running a PC desktop and an MB Air. The TC is plugged directly into the PC via Ethernet.

My issue is that the PC is not recognizing the hard drive of the Time Capsule. I tried disconnecting the TC and reinstalling Airport and Bonjour, but that didn't seem to work. I tried searching Google for help but what I found didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Time capsule is formatted for MacOS. If you want it recognized by a windows PC you need to format it for windows.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

it needs to be formatted as fat 32, plug it into your Macbook air, open disk utilities from your Apps --> Utilities folder, click on it, format it as FAT 32, away you go.

You will loose any data currently on it.

4. Chephren thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback.

I was talking with a friend of mine who has 2 PC laptops and an MBP on his home wireless network. He said that the PCs had no trouble picking up the TC when he loaded the Airport software on the PCs. He didn't have to fenagle the TC at all.

Do you think this may be due to the laptops accessing TC wirlessly and not via Ethernet or should that not matter?

Thanks again.